Friday, January 08, 2016

Soooo I watched Chiraq the other day...

Soooo I watched Chiraq the other day..

The purpose of Chiraq was not to educate people...but it was.  That's my take on it.
The movie itself is what sends a message.  People didn't support it because they thought it would be trash right?  But so what if it was.  Especially in the midst of all this black powerness.  Spike Lee is a historical figure.  In my eyes...mind you I haven't seen many "black" movies.  But I've seen a decent amount of Spike, not even knowing that I have I'm sure...and I rocks with him.  He got money...I don't.  He put a lot of familiar faces in that movie...that I know personally...aren't we supporting those people?  If not someone please explain to me the movie industry and how all of that works because I don't get it.  Aren't we supporting the people that make them or is it just the story.

People speak a lot of "game," but do they really represent that life.  Are they bout that life? Are we about that life?

I don't think we as a people are because if we as a people were we'd be supporting one another and assisting one another to prosper.  But maybe people are really that selfish.  Maybe people are really that scared.  Maybe people are smart and I'm dumb...I don't know.  But I know that Spike Lee can do something that I don't and won't do.  I know Bill Cosby can do something I don't and won't do...and I love them because they can do those things...period.  What types of lives do they live though?  What are they doing for our people?

Better question is what are you doing? And why?



Oh yea...Music was DOPE!!!!!!!!
And that's the bottom line cuz...(real ones know)

No comments:

Post a Comment